Bank is switched on to potential of Stevenage firm’s garden TV brainwave
- Credit: Archant
A high-tech Stevenage firm has created groundgbreaking outdoor TV sets with the help of a loan from its bankers.
Visual Technology Limited, which is based in the town’s Business & Technology Centre in Bessemer Drive, spotted a gap in the market before developed the ‘garden TV’ building on its existing technology.
The firm has acquired the rights to the famous Cambridge-based Pye electronics brand, which is the name featured on the new line.
Now the firm plans to sell the outdoor sets at first in the UK market before exploring the export potential in Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
Visual Technology already creates LED screens and facades for big-name venues across the UK such as Wembley Arena, the O2 Arena and Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge stadium. The growing business says it hopes to see a sales surge thanks to the new line.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Stuart Liddle said: “As a business it’s important for the people we work with to share our vision for the company and be enthusiastic as we reach our milestones.
“Lloyds Bank really understand the direction we are taking and helped us complete the development of garden television.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
“This expansion will enable us to take our product from development to delivery both in domestic markets and overseas.”
David Brett of Lloyds said: “Visual Technology is an ambitious business that is creating a new market sector.
“Working with growing businesses like Visual Technology is something we are passionate about.”