Baldock, Hitchin and Stevenage businesses make Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards final
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of businesses across North Herts and Stevenage have made the final of an inaugural awards which celebrates the county’s food and drink offering.
Restaurants, pubs, bars and independent retailers from across the area have been shortlisted for the first Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards, with the winners set to be revealed at a special ceremony tomorrow.
Thousands of votes were cast in the contest and all the category winners will be announced at the ‘grand final’, which is being held at Shendish Manor in Apsley, near Hemel Hempstead.
The Groundworks in Hitchin is up for three awards – one of 12 nominations in the town – while Chapmans Butchers in Baldock, The Fox at Willian and Hitchin’s Hermitage Rd are all shortlisted in two categories.
Karen McGeeney from the Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards, said: “We had a fantastic response, with thousands of votes cast in the voting campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“We were stunned by the way the campaign engaged residents and the venues themselves with posters and flyers in the venues themselves and appeals for votes on Facebook and Twitter.
“It shows the public has a huge desire to support local independent businesses and we can’t wait to reveal the winners.”
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
For the next few weeks the golden winners’ envelopes are being kept under strict lock and key at Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards HQ.
For more details of the awards visit the website at www.hfda.co.uk and follow the event hashtag #HertsFinest on Twitter. Also search for Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards and like the page on Facebook.