Baldock, Hitchin and Stevenage businesses make Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards final
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of businesses across North Herts and Stevenage have made the final of an inaugural awards which celebrates the county’s food and drink offering.
Restaurants, pubs, bars and independent retailers from across the area have been shortlisted for the first Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards, with the winners set to be revealed at a special ceremony tomorrow.
Thousands of votes were cast in the contest and all the category winners will be announced at the ‘grand final’, which is being held at Shendish Manor in Apsley, near Hemel Hempstead.
The Groundworks in Hitchin is up for three awards – one of 12 nominations in the town – while Chapmans Butchers in Baldock, The Fox at Willian and Hitchin’s Hermitage Rd are all shortlisted in two categories.
Karen McGeeney from the Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards, said: “We had a fantastic response, with thousands of votes cast in the voting campaign.
“We were stunned by the way the campaign engaged residents and the venues themselves with posters and flyers in the venues themselves and appeals for votes on Facebook and Twitter.
“It shows the public has a huge desire to support local independent businesses and we can’t wait to reveal the winners.”
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
For the next few weeks the golden winners’ envelopes are being kept under strict lock and key at Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards HQ.
For more details of the awards visit the website at www.hfda.co.uk and follow the event hashtag #HertsFinest on Twitter. Also search for Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards and like the page on Facebook.