Award for Hitchin engineering company
DRURYS Engineering, based in Knowl Piece, Hitchin, which manufactures high quality components for the aerospace, defence, oil, gas, and motorsport industries, has won a national award for supply chain excellence.
The award, which was presented to managing director Richard Dunn at the Farnborough Airshow, is from the aerospace and defence industry’s Supply Chain for the 21st Century programme (SC21) which is designed to boost the competiveness of the aerospace and defence industries.
To achieve this award Drurys has been on a four-year journey of improvements. Benefits gained from this include increased efficiencies, cost reduction, raised profile within the industry and most importantly improved staff morale.
Mr Dunn said “I m delighted to accept this award on behalf of my company, but more importantly on behalf of every single one of the team at Drurys who have enabled us to achieve this recognition.
“The award demonstrates to our customers, suppliers and the industry as a whole that we can consistently manufacture and deliver to an exceptionally high standard.”
You may also want to watch:
Drurys has operated in Hitchin since 2000 and today employs 27 people.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin