Award for Hitchin engineering company
DRURYS Engineering, based in Knowl Piece, Hitchin, which manufactures high quality components for the aerospace, defence, oil, gas, and motorsport industries, has won a national award for supply chain excellence.
The award, which was presented to managing director Richard Dunn at the Farnborough Airshow, is from the aerospace and defence industry’s Supply Chain for the 21st Century programme (SC21) which is designed to boost the competiveness of the aerospace and defence industries.
To achieve this award Drurys has been on a four-year journey of improvements. Benefits gained from this include increased efficiencies, cost reduction, raised profile within the industry and most importantly improved staff morale.
Mr Dunn said “I m delighted to accept this award on behalf of my company, but more importantly on behalf of every single one of the team at Drurys who have enabled us to achieve this recognition.
“The award demonstrates to our customers, suppliers and the industry as a whole that we can consistently manufacture and deliver to an exceptionally high standard.”
Drurys has operated in Hitchin since 2000 and today employs 27 people.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening