A chance to talk about the effects of redundancy
SPACE 2 TALK, the Stevenage and North Herts counselling service, is helping local people who have been affected by the recession by launching a new redundancy support service to individuals and businesses. Based on the High Street in Stevenage Old Town, S
SPACE 2 TALK, the Stevenage and North Herts counselling service, is helping local people who have been affected by the recession by launching a new redundancy support service to individuals and businesses.
Based on the High Street in Stevenage Old Town, Space 2 Talk is a not-for-profit social enterprise that was set up over two years ago to provide therapeutic counselling to people in times of crisis such as those of today with rising unemployment and redundancy.
Jane Mitchell, co-founder and general manager of Space 2 Talk said: "There are other local organisations offering financial advice and practical support such as the CAB, but the emotional impact of being made redundant tends to be overlooked.
"Losing a job or business can be devastating not only financially but also psychologically, as is coming to terms with any major loss or change in life and dealing with the strain on personal relationships."
You may also want to watch:
Counselling can offer a safe space to talk about any emotions that may surface in a supportive, confidential environment thereby reducing the burden on friends or family.
By intentionally not offering advice a counsellor can help people develop their own decision-making process, so that any choice about future life or career direction is well-considered and the right one for that person.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
To book a free initial consultation call Jane in confidence on 0845 224 3419 or for more information about the service visit www.space2talk.co.uk