Burton Albion 3 Stevenage Boro 0
STEVENAGE suffered a major blow to their play-off hopes with this disappointing reverse at Burton. And it was basic errors which were to prove costly as their three second half goals made all the difference, Stevenage dominated the first period and should
STEVENAGE suffered a major blow to their play-off hopes with this disappointing reverse at Burton.
And it was basic errors which were to prove costly as their three second half goals made all the difference,
Stevenage dominated the first period and should have taken a lead into the break when Morison, Willock, and Grant all wasted good chances.
It was Burton who profited from a crucial error as they went ahead on 58 minutes.
Clark Masters making his debut in the Stevenage goal fumbled a free kick and allowed John Brayford to head home close to the line.
Burton's second came on 76 minutes when Daryl Clare fired home a penalty after Westwood fouled on the edge of the box while the home side made it three with 10 minutes remaining when Smith put through his own net after Clare had seen a shot cannon back off the post.
- 1 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 2 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 3 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 7 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 8 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 9 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 10 Still more to come too says Brett Donnelly as Stotfold's title challenge is given a boost
Masters 5, Mitchell, 7, Laird 7, Westwood 5 (Wilson 83), Smith 6, Henry 7, Cole 7, Martin 6, Grant 6 (Berry 82), Willock 7*, (McMahon 82), Morison 7.