Burst water main disrupts supply in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A burst water main is causing disruption to the water supply in parts of Shephall in Stevenage this morning.
Affinity Water posted on its website at 5.50am that a 4in water main had burst on Shephall Way.
The firm has sent technicians to the site to try to assess the break but – as of 9.30am this morning – work had not started because part of the road needs to be closed to carry out the repair.
Affinity issued a statement saying: “During this time we advise you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, for example washing machines or dishwashers and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.
“If you do still have a supply, we would advise you to store some water for drinking, in case your water has to be switched off for a repair to be completed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.”
For updates see www.affinitywater.co.uk.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash