Burrow’s delight at netting his first Stevenage goal
- Credit: Archant
JORDAN Burrow was delighted to get off the mark on his Stevenage debut after scoring the second of two goals in one of those glorious cup nights that Boro fans have grown accustomed to.
The 20-year-old was signed by Graham Westley in the summer on a free transfer following two years at Morecambe.
He told the Comet that he was thrilled to net against Mick McCarthy’s Ipswich Town on Tuesday evening after he was set up by Robin Shroot in the 2-0 Capital One Cup first round win.
He said: “He’s put it across and I’ve managed to get in front of the defender.
“I’ve slid in, I’m not sure what it came off but who cares?
“It’s a bit of a monkey off your back so to speak. I’m off and running now and long may it continue and get a few more.”
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 5 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Positives and progress continue at Hartlepool with Tisdale happy with Boro's point