Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- Credit: PA
A police chase in Stotfold has led to a man being arrested and charged with multiple burglaries as part of an operation to target an organised crime group suspected of being involved in a series of offences.
The suspect, a man in his 20s from Leighton Buzzard, was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of burglary after Bedfordshire Police officers chased him on foot. They had been acting on information from the community.
The man, who the police are not naming, was charged on Saturday with six counts of burglary in connection to offences in Stotfold, Biggleswade, Bedford and Luton.
Detective inspector Ali Whitworth said: “Burglary can have a devastating and long-lasting impact on victims, who understandably can be hugely traumatised by someone intruding into their home. We want to deal with these issues proactively and target those perpetrating this misery.
“This has been a major collective effort involving our intelligence, community and roads policing teams, as well as our dedicated burglary squad, and I want to thank everyone involved.
“The number of burglaries is down here in Bedfordshire and our Operation Maze team has had a number of success stories recently, including charging someone with 33 offences.
“This is work we will continue, so please keep helping us by reporting any information or suspicions.”
Anyone with any information can report it via Bedfordshire.police.uk/report.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf