Burglary spree hits Stevenage neighbourhood
Burglars targeted a neighbourhood over three days, making off with a haul that included a couple’s wedding rings, and her bridal shoes.
Thieves hit three homes in the Chells area between Sunday September 9 and the following Tuesday, stealing thousands of pounds worth of property.
They accessed the rear of a property in Raleigh Crescent via the kitchen sometime between 9pm on Sunday and 5.45am the next morning, stealing a pair of wedding bands – including one with diamonds, ivory wedding shoes, a ladies Gucci watch, an iPod Touch, Blackberry Curve mobile phone, and a purse and money.
A house in Austen Paths was targeted between 11pm on Monday and 7am Tuesday, with entry gained through a kitchen window. A Tom Tom sat nav, cash, and house and car keys were taken.
A pet dog alerted the third victim at 3.45am on Tuesday, scaring off the intruders who had opened the front door of his Ferrier Road home using lost keys.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police, investigating the crimes, urged residents to ensure all downstairs windows and doors are locked.
Anyone offered the above goods, or with information about the thefts, should contact the non-emergency number 101 with crime reference E1/12/5515.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
Police patrols have been stepped up in the area.