Burglary gang hit Walkern
A gang is being hunted after stealing hundreds of pounds worth of equipment from a village barn.
The burglars struck overnight sometime between 6pm on Saturday and 9am on Sunday at a property in Benington Road, Walkern.
The offenders forced open a security shutter on a large converted barn and used a wheelbarrow to transport power tools and a red mini motorbike from the unit to a vehicle before making off in an unknown direction.
Investigating officer Pc Charlie Phipp said: “Due to the bulky items stolen it is more than likely there were numerous people involved and they must have had a vehicle nearby.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area overnight. Walkern is a quiet village so I would be interested in hearing from anyone who heard any loud noises from nearby the unit.”
You may also want to watch:
He urged farmers and other rural business owners to keep property secured in a safe location overnight.
If you can help the police investigation, call Pc Phipps on 01992 533618 or via the Herts Police non-emergency number, 101.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn