Burglars terrify Stevenage couple in night raid
Three burglars forced their way into a Stevenage house terrifying a couple in a night-time raid.
The men pushed their way into a house on Ripon Road, Stevenage after the male occupant answered the door at around 11.15pm on Monday.
They then searched the house before making off with three mobile phones and an iPod touch. The victims, a man and a woman, were unhurt.
All three offenders were described as black. One was described as around 5ft 6ins tall, between 20 and 25-years-old, with a slim build. A second was described as around 5ft 11ins tall, between 25 and 30-years-old, with a large build and wearing a light coloured hooded top and a grey and red woollen scarf which covered his mouth.
Detective Sergeant Gerard Ellis of the Stevenage local crime unit said: “This was a frightening experience for the couple who were in the house at the time of the burglary. These three men have only gained a small amount of property from the burglary but have caused untold stress on their victims.
“I would reassure people in Stevenage that this type of burglary does not happen in Stevenage very often which is why I am eager to find out who was responsible. Any information you provide, however small, could prove crucial in finding who was responsible.”
If you can help, contact Ds Ellis via the non- emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 5 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again