Burglars steal widow’s jewellery from late husband
- Credit: Archant
BURGLARS have targeted a widow’s house, making off with a range of valuables including a necklace from the victim’s late husband.
The burglars struck the property in Lye Hill, Breachwood Green, last Tuesday.
They forced entry into the back of the house, stealing a necklace with an elephant pendant on a thin chain, hand crafted in Africa from pink gold.
It was given to the victim by her late husband.
Other items taken in the burglary, which happened between 2.30pm and 3.30pm, include a black iPad, money, three engraved silver bangles, a black handbag and two cream coloured handbags.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or the whereabouts of the stolen items is asked to call police on the non-emergency number 101 quoting the crime reference number G1/13/508, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery