Burglars steal ‘very rare’ BMW in Stevenage Old Town
- Credit: Archant
A distinctive BMW has been stolen in Stevenage Old Town, and police have now released images of the car in the hope of tracking it down.
The BMW M4, which may be worth as much as £40,000, was stolen after burglars got into a house in the Old Town area and stole the keys belonging to the car, which was parked nearby.
The thieves then left in the BMW, driving off in a direction officers have yet to identify.
The car has since been tracked to Romford in Essex.
Det Con Karen Dewar, from the Stevenage local crime unit, said: “This BMW is very rare. There are only two others like it in the country. It is Laguna Seca blue in colour and has a white leather interior.
“I’m appealing for anyone who has seen this vehicle or believes they have information that could assist our investigation to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should email DC Dewar on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Herts police on 101, quoting crime reference E1/18/1274, or herts.police.uk/report.Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 9 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin