Burglars steal raft of distinctive racing bikes from Baldock home
- Credit: Archant
Burglars have stolen a raft of distinctive bikes from a Baldock house.
Police are appealing for information today following the theft of several high-spec racing bikes between 3pm on Thursday, July 30 and 3.45am on Monday, August 10.
The thieves broke into the house via a side door and made off with five mens’ bikes, made by Pinarello, Cipollini, Ridley and Specialized S-Works.
Investigating officer Det Con Stuart Bence, who is investigating, said: “The stolen bikes are rare and highly distinctive and would therefore be instantly recognisable to anyone who comes across them.
“I would ask anyone who knows the whereabouts of the bikes to contact me. I am particularly appealing to members of the cycling community to keep an eye out for these bikes.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to contact Det Con Bence via the police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds