Burglars steal charity donations and tip money in Hitchin town centre crime spree
- Credit: Archant
Burglars stole charity donations, tip money and a bin during a spree targeting Hitchin town centre businesses early yesterday morning.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after the break-in at Indian restaurant Dhaka in Sun Steet, which saw burglars take a cash box, a glass with charity money, tip money and four bottles of alcohol – one each of vodka, Bacardi rum, red wine and prosecco.
The same night, someone broke into MR Barbers on the corner of Sun Street and Bridge Street, stealing cash boxes and a bin – which appears to be visible in CCTV footage at VaperBar in Bucklersbury, in the hands of one of two people who tried to force entry there between 2.25am and 2.35am.
The pair damaged the front door frame at VaperBar before fleeing.
Police are treating the three incidents as linked. Anyone with information about these incidents should call 101 immediately, quoting the relevant crime reference number.
You may also want to watch:
The crime reference numbers are as follows:
• Dhaka burglary – G1/17/3058
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
• MR Barbers burglary – G1/17/3064
• VaperBar attempted break-in – G1/17/3062