Burglars pull sawn-off shotgun after break-in confrontation near Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
Burglars trying to break into a garage last night pulled a sawn-off shotgun on their victim when confronted, before speeding off in a BMW.
Police have appealed for information after what they are treating as an aggravated burglary in Stanford – a hamlet between Shefford and Biggleswade – which happened at about 9pm yesterday.
The victim heard a car running outside his address in Broom Road, and found three men trying to break into his garage through the roof.
When he challenged them, one of them threatened him with the shotgun. They then jumped into a dark-coloured BMW saloon car and drove off at speed in the direction of The Green Man, a pub off Stanford Road.
Det Con Olyver Tomlinson, who is investigating, said: “We won’t tolerate this kind of behaviour, and an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re keen to speak to anyone who may have any information, including anyone who saw a dark-coloured BMW driving through Stanford at speed between 9.25pm and 9.40pm last night.”
Anyone with information should call Beds police on 101, quoting reference number JD/54350/2017, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair