Bumper turnout and great atmosphere as Baldock’s Old White Horse pub celebrates birthday
- Credit: Archant
There was a bumper turnout at a Baldock pub on Saturday evening as its management team celebrated a year at the helm.
The Old White Horse in Station Road had up to three times its usual intake for the birthday evening, with beer on draft in the garden, live music and family fun including games of skittles.
Manager George King told the Comet: “It went really well. It was a lot busier than we thought it would be. We were expecting double what we normally have, but it was more like treble.
“We had a lot of new faces from the community, which was really good to see. We’ve been here a year but it can take a push to get people to give you a try.
“There was music and it was a great atmosphere.
“We’ll be holding a lot more events like this in the future too.”
Coming up in the Old White Horse calendar is a mac-and-cheese eating contest in aid of Garden House Hospice Care on July 4.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 10 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
Each contestant will have half an hour to eat 2kg of macaroni and cheese, with proceeds going to the Letchworth-based hospice.
To find out more about what’s going on at the Old White Horse, see facebook.com/oldwhitehorse.