Budding young photographers and reporters: Win festival tickets and your work published
The Comet has teamed up with Rhythms of the World to offer a young photographer and reporter an amazing opportunity to get their work in front of thousands of people this year.
The competition, which is open to people under the age of 18, will see two talented individuals win a weekend pass to the Hitchin festival as well as a work experience opportunity at the Comet.
This is the chance for someone to experience a unique festival which represents all that’s best in the local and global community, featuring all that’s new in culture and creativity, while showcasing some outstanding musicians and artists from the local area and around the world.
Headlining artists at this year’s festival include Mojo magazine album of the year winners Juju, Jassi Sidhu, The Damned, Young Knives and The Boxettes.
Add Speech Debelle, Molotov Jukebox and Blair Dunlop into the mix, and there promises to be something for everyone to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the opportunity for the winner to get their article or pictures featured on the Comet’s website, RotW’s website and, space permitting, in the newspaper.
Photographers can enter by submitting their three best photos, with budding reporters asked to submit a 200 word article on a topic of their choice.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
Send your entry to email@example.com by Thursday, May 31, with ROTW/The Comet Competition in the subject line and your name, address, date of birth and contact phone number.
The competition is open to all photographers and budding reporters under the age of 18 in Comet country. Entries will be judged by representatives from ROTW and the Comet and winners will be notified by Friday, June 15 2012.
Work experience placements will be offered to winners at a mutually convenient time.
For those entering the photograph competition, please ensure your photos are attached as JPEGs. Those entering the reporter competition are asked to write their articles in Word and email as an attachment.