British boxing champions attend Stevenage club’s reopening
- Credit: Archant
Three British boxing champions attended a club’s grand reopening last week.
The John Pryor Centre in Nokeside, Stevenage, is home to Stevenage Amateur Boxing Club (SABC) and reopened on Wednesday following a refurbishment which included upgrades to its plumbing, electrics, gym flooring and equipment.
The renovation was funded by a £46,758 grant from Sport England’s Inspired facility fund.
Former British champions John Pritchett and Herol ‘The Bomber’ Graham attended with current British Lonsdale light welterweight champion Darren Hamilton.
Paul Cherry, chairman of SABC, said: “The upgraded facility is a great boost for local boxers and we are looking forward to inspiring and attracting more talent from the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Young boxers entertained guests with an exhibition of their talents followed by some one-to-ones with the British champions, who may be returning to the club for some training sessions with youngsters.
For more information about the club call 01438 725923.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision