Britain’s Got Talent Gabz Gardiner set to switch-on Hitchin Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
Teenage singer-songwriter Gabz Gardiner will be switching the Christmas lights on in Hitchin.
The Britain’s Got Talent finalist, who lives in Stevenage, will be in Market Place, Hitchin, on November 22 for the switch on at 7pm.
Market Place and the High Street will be shut to through traffic from 2pm to 8pm.
Various entertainment will also be put on during the day, from bands playing music to stalls for people to do their Christmas shopping.
Keith Hoskins, Hitchin town centre manager, said: “We are absolutely delighted she will be here to switch on the lights this year. We have always had people from the local area or people with a connection to Hitchin supporting the event, so we are very pleased.”
You may also want to watch:
The 14-year-old shot to fame after appearing on ITV1’s Britain’s Got Talent back in June, when she performed the self-composed single Lighter (The One), in which she sang, rapped and played the piano.
The Nobel School student also performed Lie There, another of her own compositions, in the live final on June 8, finishing seventh in the public vote.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out