Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz ‘so excited’ after second single release date revealed
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter Gabz Gardiner will release her second single later this month, it has been confirmed.
The Stevenage teenager will follow up her debut hit Lighters (The One) with Lie There, which will be entered into the Official UK Singles Chart on Sunday, October 27.
The Britain’s Got Talent finalist, who attends The Nobel School, shot the video for the song, which she wrote and composed herself, last Friday.
Speaking to the Comet about the release, the 14-year-old said: “I’m so excited to be releasing Lie There as my second single!
“I sang Lie There in the final but the single version is more pop and upbeat than how I sang it on the show. I like how it’s turned out and I hope everyone else does too.
“I haven’t actually seen the video yet but it should have an ‘urban’ feel. It was awesome making the video, especially when people recognised me, but the weather could have been a bit better as we had to keep stopping due to rain.”
Gabz hopes Lie There will be as successful as her first track, which peaked at number six in the UK charts.
- 1 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 2 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Luke Turley: 'I was told to be a hitter not a tripper'
- 4 August 2022 weekend closure planned for A602 near Watton-at-Stone
- 5 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 6 Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- 7 Deserved win for Stevenage over Stockport says Steve Evans but it was definitely in doubt
- 8 Music festival Old Town Live set to return with stages in High Street and venues across Stevenage Old Town
- 9 Thameslink suffers 'staff shortage' with weekend disruption planned
- 10 Player ratings: Who stood out as Stevenage beat Stockport County?
The young popstar will be performing both songs in Stevenage as part of the Celebrate!!! concert at the Gordon Craig Theatre on Saturday, October 26, before switching on the Christmas lights in Hitchin and Stevenage next month.