Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz ‘so excited’ after second single release date revealed
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter Gabz Gardiner will release her second single later this month, it has been confirmed.
The Stevenage teenager will follow up her debut hit Lighters (The One) with Lie There, which will be entered into the Official UK Singles Chart on Sunday, October 27.
The Britain’s Got Talent finalist, who attends The Nobel School, shot the video for the song, which she wrote and composed herself, last Friday.
Speaking to the Comet about the release, the 14-year-old said: “I’m so excited to be releasing Lie There as my second single!
“I sang Lie There in the final but the single version is more pop and upbeat than how I sang it on the show. I like how it’s turned out and I hope everyone else does too.
You may also want to watch:
“I haven’t actually seen the video yet but it should have an ‘urban’ feel. It was awesome making the video, especially when people recognised me, but the weather could have been a bit better as we had to keep stopping due to rain.”
Gabz hopes Lie There will be as successful as her first track, which peaked at number six in the UK charts.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Dogwalker dismayed after discovering more than 50 bags of poo on his walk
- 5 Donations pour in for memorial garden in tribute to teacher who died from COVID-19
- 6 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 7 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after Hitchin robbery
- 9 Fundraising Batman cycles across three villages in bid to lose weight
- 10 Coercive control, gaslighting and love bombing - pupils urged to identify toxic relationships during lockdown
The young popstar will be performing both songs in Stevenage as part of the Celebrate!!! concert at the Gordon Craig Theatre on Saturday, October 26, before switching on the Christmas lights in Hitchin and Stevenage next month.