Britain in Bloom
BRITAIN in Bloom judges arrived in town on Monday to assess Stevenage as part of the 2006 finalists tour. Britain in Bloom, organised by the Royal Horticultural Society, is the largest horticultural campaign and competition in Europe. It encourages peo
BRITAIN in Bloom judges arrived in town on Monday to assess Stevenage as part of the 2006 finalists' tour.
Britain in Bloom, organised by the Royal Horticultural Society, is the largest horticultural campaign and competition in Europe.
It encourages people to create long-lasting improvements to their local environments through high levels of cleanliness and the imaginative planting of trees, shrubs and flowers.
Jim Buttress, chairman of the UK judges said: "Britain in Bloom is so much more than a floral competition.
You may also want to watch:
"Cleanliness and community spirit are both a big part of what the judges are looking for, so everyone should be working together to do their bit for their community."
Stevenage will receive a bronze, silver, silver-gilt or gold achievement award depending on the allocation of judges' marks, and is in the running to be an overall winner for its category.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child