Stevenage mum to run Brighton Marathon in memory of daughter Darcie
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage mum is running the Brighton Marathon this weekend to raise money for a charity she founded in memory of her daughter.
Kylie Osborn is taking on the 26.2-mile challenge on Sunday to raise money for Darcie’s Wish, a charity she set up to support bereaved parents after her own daughter died at 20 weeks.
“Darcie’s Wish was formed in 2014 when our daughter Darcie passed away from Edwards’ syndrome while I was pregnant,” explained Kylie.
“It is now a registered charity and has raised more than £25,000 to help support the maternity unit at Lister Hospital.”
Kylie will be running with five others, and each mile of Sunday’s marathon will be dedicated to a different angel baby – whose names will be on the back of each running top.
You may also want to watch:
Mile 26 will be in memory of Darcie.
To donate visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/darcies-wish.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards