Stevenage mum to run Brighton Marathon in memory of daughter Darcie
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage mum is running the Brighton Marathon this weekend to raise money for a charity she founded in memory of her daughter.
Kylie Osborn is taking on the 26.2-mile challenge on Sunday to raise money for Darcie’s Wish, a charity she set up to support bereaved parents after her own daughter died at 20 weeks.
“Darcie’s Wish was formed in 2014 when our daughter Darcie passed away from Edwards’ syndrome while I was pregnant,” explained Kylie.
“It is now a registered charity and has raised more than £25,000 to help support the maternity unit at Lister Hospital.”
Kylie will be running with five others, and each mile of Sunday’s marathon will be dedicated to a different angel baby – whose names will be on the back of each running top.
You may also want to watch:
Mile 26 will be in memory of Darcie.
To donate visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/darcies-wish.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket