Bridges of London walk next weekend to raise vital funds for Garden House Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to join a team of fundraisers who will be walking through London to raise vital funds for Garden House Hospice Care.
The Bridges of London event, now in its ninth year, takes walkers across the capital’s bridges from Battersea Park to near Tower Bridge.
Garden House events manager Cathy White has worked for the Letchworth-based hospice for six years, and walked the route many times.
She said: “This is a lovely event to be part of, and one that has a special place in the hospice events calendar.
“Many walkers come back year after year to support us, and new walkers to the event are surprised at the parts of London they never knew existed.
“Every walker gets a medal as a reminder of the day.”
Participants can make their own way to London on Sunday, May 14 – or take the coach, which will drop off passengers in Battersea Park.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 3 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 9 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 10 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
The annual event regularly raises more than £20,000 for Garden House Hospice Care, which serves people with terminal or life-limiting illnesses across North Herts and Stevenage.
If you are interested in getting involved, see ghhospicecare.org.uk or call Cathy on 01462 679540.