Briar Rouge’s burlesque proves a big hit at the Market Theatre, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Six sultry stars blew the audience away with a sold-out programme of burlesque cabaret at Hitchin’s Market Theatre.
Hitchin’s Becky Bennett – who performs as Briar Rouge – was joined for the show last Friday, entitled Peekaboo, by Betty Rogers, Hélène de Joie, Constance Peach, Belle Vedere and Sadie Sinner the Songbird, all based in the capital.
“We’re so close to London, but there’s no cabaret scene here – I’m hoping to change that,” said Becky.
“I wanted to bring what I do and what I love to my home town.
“Each performer had a different take on burlesque – we showed off a real spectrum of the art.
“I’m totally overwhelmed by how well it’s all gone down. Everyone is already asking when the next one will be.
“I’ll definitely be putting on another show, and I hope to be running more beginners’ burlesque and body confidence classes, too.”
Becky holds burlesque classes in Hitchin on Tuesday and Thursday nights – see www.briarrouge.com.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 6 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 7 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 8 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 9 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 10 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening