Brexit: 74 per cent in favour of remaining in the EU in snap Hitchin poll
- Credit: Archant
North Herts for Europe campaigning group held an action day in Hitchin town centre on Saturday, surveying residents on their Brexit opinions.
A team of 13 volunteers gathered in Market Place for an hour-and-a-half, allowing people to vote on their preferred outcome.
The campaigners’ ‘Brexitometer’ saw 74 per cent in favour of staying in the EU, while 16 per cent wanted to leave with no deal.
A further eight per cent responded with ‘don’t know’, and only two per cent expressed support for Prime Minister Theresa May’s deal.
The group also managed to recruit 45 new members.
Interim chair Richard Scott said: “We have an experienced team of local volunteers already mobilised, and would like you to join us to create the maximum impact for the People’s Vote campaign.”
North Herts for Europe also held an action day in Harpenden on the same afternoon.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 8 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 9 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns