Brew up for cancer victims
A charity is urging people to raise a cup on Friday in preparation for the world’s biggest coffee morning.
Macmillan Cancer Support is hosting the event in Hitchin’s Market Place from 10am to 1pm to encourage people to set up their own coffee morning on Friday September 24 – the charity’s worldwide action day.
All proceeds from coffee, tea and cake sales on both days will go to supporting people affected by cancer.
Herts fundraising manager for the charity, Carla Poole said the event on Friday is for people to see how easy it is to set up a Macmillan coffee morning.
“Even though the big event is on the 24th, you can do it at any time,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Every mug really does count and by coming along you will help Macmillan reach and improve the lives of even more people.”
For more information on how to register a coffee morning at work, home or school, go to www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision