Breast cancer sufferer adds to £15,000 total for Stevenage charity hit by burglary
- Credit: Archant
Support for a charity hit by thieves is still going strong, with further fundraising efforts resulting in a £400 cheque presentation.
Cancer Hair Care – which includes the Caring Hair Studio – in Stevenage’s Middle Row was broken into in February and crooks made off with £5,000 worth of stock and equipment.
Since then, more than £15,000 has been raised for the charity, which provides hair treatments and wigs for cancer sufferers.
Lucy Macnab – who is having chemotherapy for breast cancer – has been selling knitted hair bands in Cardies on Stevenage’s High Street and Jo Gates Hair Salon in Middle Row, and has now presented a £400 cheque to the charity.
Lucy, of Bude Crescent in the town, said: “They do fantastic work. They offer brilliant support and talk you through everything, and it’s all free.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so grateful for the help they have given me.”
The hair bands are still on sale in Cardies, priced £3.99.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round