BREAKING NEWS: Boro announce Westley departure
Boro to begin interview process for Westley’s successor next week
Stevenage have confirmed the departure of manager Graham Westley.
The club has now agreed a compensation package with Preston North End for the services of Westley, assistant manager John Dreyer and first team coach Dino Maamria.
Boro will begin interviews for Westley’s replacement next week.
As The Comet revealed earlier, Mark Roberts will take charge of Boro’s game at Rochdale tomorrow (Saturday) in a player-manager capacity.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement on the club’s website, chairman Phil Wallace said: “We would like to thank Graham for all he has done for the football club.
“In the time that he has been with the club we have developed into a successful Football League outfit with two promotions and exciting cup triumphs under his management.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“But that success on the field should not overshadow the work that has gone on behind the scenes to transform a once non-league team into a formidable football league club and that growth has been achieved in a sustainable manner that leaves the club debt free.
“Our determination and focus to win the next game we play, every time we play, will continue unchanged.”
Former Torquay United and Bristol Rovers manager Paul Buckle has been installed as the early frontrunner by one online bookmaker.