Cash and iPads stolen during break-in at family-run Stevenage restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A family-run business in the heart of Stevenage Old Town has been burgled, with cash and iPads stolen and damage caused to the property.
Police were called at about 12 noon on Monday to a report of a burglary at el bar de tapas in Middle Row.
The thief, or thieves, broke into the property sometime between 10pm on Sunday and 11.45am on Monday.
Cash and iPads were stolen, and damage was caused to the front and rear entrance of the property.
Officers are investigating and ask that anyone with information calls 101 quoting crime reference number 41/82072/20.
You may also want to watch:
A message on the tapas bar’s Facebook page says: “We are saddened to say that someone broke into our little family restaurant and stole from us and caused some damage along the way.
“If you have any information, or live nearby and have any CCTV or dashcam footage that could be useful, then please get in touch.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit