Brave enough to try out the ‘Tower of Terror’? Win places on kids adventure day Escape from Wildchild Wood!
Worried that your children are spending too much time in front of the TV? Desperate to get them out in the fresh air this summer? Then why not enter our great competition to win places on an action-packed outdoor activity day, Escape from Wildchild Wood.
The day includes involving young people on a mission to find pieces of a missing code, by completing various team challenges, then escaping down a 70-metre zip-wire. Challenges along the way include abseiling down the ‘tower of terror’ and building a base camp in the woods to discuss strategies for the challenge with team members.
We have six places to giveaway for this brilliant day.
Wildchild’s founder Lynda Regan, said: “We know from research, that encouraging young people to take part in outdoor adventure activities gives them greater independence, confidence, self-esteem and better social and teamwork skills.
“As a result, we have set up this day-long outdoor adventure, which is not only great fun, but gives youngsters challenges such as solving secret codes and building base camps, as well as abseiling the ‘tower of terror ‘ and travelling down a 70-metre zip wire.”
The adventure days are run and booked through Wildchild Activities and take place at Phasel’s Wood Scout Camp, Nr Hemel Hempstead. The days are suitable for children aged between 8 and 12 years with the actvities starting at 10.30am and finishing at 3.15pm.
Dates of Escape from Wildchild Wood are: Thursday 29th July, August 5th, 12th and 19th
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 3 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
All safety equipment is provided and instructors are extremely experienced and do not allow anyone to attempt anything they feel is dangerous. For complete peace of mind Public Limited Liability Insurance is held and all instructors are CRB checked.
Clothing: Outdoor - dress according to weather. Appropriate sturdy footwear and loose clothing. Refreshments: Bring packed lunch and drinks
www.wildchildactivities.com 0845 371 7099