Brave enough to try out the ‘Tower of Terror’? Win places on kids adventure day Escape from Wildchild Wood!
Worried that your children are spending too much time in front of the TV? Desperate to get them out in the fresh air this summer? Then why not enter our great competition to win places on an action-packed outdoor activity day, Escape from Wildchild Wood.
The day includes involving young people on a mission to find pieces of a missing code, by completing various team challenges, then escaping down a 70-metre zip-wire. Challenges along the way include abseiling down the ‘tower of terror’ and building a base camp in the woods to discuss strategies for the challenge with team members.
We have six places to giveaway for this brilliant day.
Wildchild’s founder Lynda Regan, said: “We know from research, that encouraging young people to take part in outdoor adventure activities gives them greater independence, confidence, self-esteem and better social and teamwork skills.
“As a result, we have set up this day-long outdoor adventure, which is not only great fun, but gives youngsters challenges such as solving secret codes and building base camps, as well as abseiling the ‘tower of terror ‘ and travelling down a 70-metre zip wire.”
You may also want to watch:
The adventure days are run and booked through Wildchild Activities and take place at Phasel’s Wood Scout Camp, Nr Hemel Hempstead. The days are suitable for children aged between 8 and 12 years with the actvities starting at 10.30am and finishing at 3.15pm.
Dates of Escape from Wildchild Wood are: Thursday 29th July, August 5th, 12th and 19th
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
All safety equipment is provided and instructors are extremely experienced and do not allow anyone to attempt anything they feel is dangerous. For complete peace of mind Public Limited Liability Insurance is held and all instructors are CRB checked.
Clothing: Outdoor - dress according to weather. Appropriate sturdy footwear and loose clothing. Refreshments: Bring packed lunch and drinks
www.wildchildactivities.com 0845 371 7099