Brad chooses Stevenage Old Town cafe for marriage proposal
- Credit: Archant
Rebecca Powers from Stevenage got the shock of her life when she returned from the loo on what she thought was an ordinary afternoon out at Cinnabar in Stevenage Old Town on Sunday.
The 40-year-old mum of two was greeted by family and – most importantly – her man Brad Evan-Hart, 32, who got down on one knee and proposed to her.
Brad chose the popular venue because it is where the couple first got together two years ago. Brad said he wanted to do the deed before it closed temporarily for refurbishment on Monday.
Rebecca said she knew that engagement was on the cards but didn’t know it would happen on Sunday.
She said: “I absolutely adore him and can’t wait to be his wife.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple have wasted no time in setting a date to tie the knot for September next year.
Cinnabar is due to reopen at the end of September.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn