Boyd signs off in perfect fashion
GEORGE Boyd signed off in perfect fashion in front on his adoring home crowd on New Year s Day. The 21-year-old, who joins League Two Peterborough on Monday for a Conference record fee of £260,000 in a four-year deal, received a standing ovation after sco
GEORGE Boyd signed off in perfect fashion in front on his adoring home crowd on New Year's Day.
The 21-year-old, who joins League Two Peterborough on Monday for a Conference record fee of £260,000 in a four-year deal, received a standing ovation after scoring a brace of goals as Boro won 3-2 at home to Aldershot.
Posh finally landed Boyd, who has been at Broadhall Way for more than four years after being released by Premiership Charlton, at the third attempt after two previous bids had been turned down.
Boyd said: "It's a silly amount to pay for a Conference player but I want to prove myself in the League and as a League player.
You may also want to watch:
"The chairman (Phil Wallace) has been brilliant with me and told me straight away about the interest from Peterborough.
"This was was a great way to see the boys off and I was quite choked at the end."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
Steve Morison scored the other Boro goal while Karl Beckford and sub Kirk Hudson replied for the Shots.