Boy robbed in Letchworth GC
A 16-year-old boy has been threatened and had his mobile phone stolen.
The robbery happened in Letchworth on August 15 at around 1.30pm.
The victim, was approached by two offenders, a male and a female, in Howard Park. Having engaged him in conversation they walked with him along Station Road. Whilst on Station Road the male offender threatened the boy and took his mobile phone. They made off towards the railway station.
Detective sergeant Peter Clavey said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or saw anything which they believe would be of assistance to the investigation to contact police.
“I am particularly keen to speak with two males who were approached by the victim and confront a third person in attempts to assist the victim. If this was you, please contact us.”
A 15-year-old girl from Letchworth and a 19-year-old man from Enfield have been arrested in connection with the incident and have been released on police bail.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact the local crime unit in Hitchin via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number G2/12/1548.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 6 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 9 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 10 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.