Boy robbed in Letchworth GC
A 16-year-old boy has been threatened and had his mobile phone stolen.
The robbery happened in Letchworth on August 15 at around 1.30pm.
The victim, was approached by two offenders, a male and a female, in Howard Park. Having engaged him in conversation they walked with him along Station Road. Whilst on Station Road the male offender threatened the boy and took his mobile phone. They made off towards the railway station.
Detective sergeant Peter Clavey said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or saw anything which they believe would be of assistance to the investigation to contact police.
“I am particularly keen to speak with two males who were approached by the victim and confront a third person in attempts to assist the victim. If this was you, please contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old girl from Letchworth and a 19-year-old man from Enfield have been arrested in connection with the incident and have been released on police bail.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact the local crime unit in Hitchin via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number G2/12/1548.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.