Boy hit with metal in ‘brutal’ village attack
A BOY was hospitalised with serious head injuries after he was hit with a metal object in a village attack yesterday (Wednesday).
The 16-year-old was walking in Three Stiles in Benington at around 1.15am when he was attacked from behind. The offender then ran off toward Blacksmith Hill.
The victim was taken to the Lister Hospital with injuries to his head and face. He has since been discharged.
Investigating officer Dc Neil Lancey said: “We believe the offender and the victim knew each other. However, it was still a brutal assault which has left the victim needing hospital treatment for serious injuries.
“Although the assault occurred in the early hours, I would like to appeal for witnesses. Did you see or hear anything which could help our investigation? If so, please call me as soon as possible via the non-emergency number, 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old Benington man has been arrested on suspicion of assault. He remains in police custody.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction