Boy, 16, beaten up in Knebworth by gang who stole his mobile phone and trainers
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was approached from behind and punched to the ground in Knebworth by a gang of thugs who stole his mobile phone and trainers.
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the robbery at the recreation ground in Watton Road, which happened between 9.15pm and 9.30pm on Friday, June 23.
The victim was sitting on a bench when he was approached from behind and punched, with the blow knocking him to the ground.
He was punched several more times on the ground before the thieves made off, taking his phone and trainers with them.
The boy was left with bruising around his left eye and a cut lip.
Det Con Jeanette Walker, who is investigating, said: “At the time of the robbery there were lots of teenagers in the area celebrating the end of their GCSE exams.
“I am appealing for anyone who was at the recreation ground and saw the incident or believes they know who is responsible for the robbery to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/17/1905, or report it online at contacthertspolice.uk/report/crime.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you won’t need to go to court.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 3 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 9 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 10 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed