Boy, 14, seriously hurt at Sonisphere festival
A BOY is fighting for his life in hospital after a freak accident at the Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth. The 15-year-old lad was thrown from a fairground ride in the grounds of Knebworth House, where the festival is taking place. Paramedics raced to the
A BOY is fighting for his life in hospital after a freak accident at the Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth.
The 14-year-old lad was thrown from a fairground ride in the grounds of Knebworth House, where the festival is taking place.
Paramedics raced to the scene, shortly before 2.30pm yesterday (Saturday).
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who was at the concert, said: "The young man sustained potentially life-threatening injuries and our paramedics at the venue worked rapidly to treat and stabilise him.
You may also want to watch:
"Following this, he was rushed to an awaiting trauma team at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage."
Around 40,000 people are attending the weekend festival each day.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
American nu-metal superstars Linkin Park rocked the masses last night, with heavy metal legends Metallica headlining the main stage tonight.