Boy, 11, banned from town centre
AN 11-year-old boy has been hit with an ASBO, with a strict curfew imposed. The anti-social behaviour order has been issued to Anthony Desmidt, of Turnpike Lane, Hitchin. He has been banned from various areas and must not leave his home after 8pm or befor
AN 11-year-old boy has been hit with an ASBO, with a strict curfew imposed.
The anti-social behaviour order has been issued to Anthony Desmidt, of Turnpike Lane, Hitchin.
He has been banned from various areas and must not leave his home after 8pm or before 7am.
Desmidt has been prohibited from Whinbush Road and Kennedy Court in Hitchin and Lytton Way, Six Hills Way, St George's Way, Fairlands Way and the town centre in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
He is also forbidden from entering railway property or travelling on the rail network unless accompanied by a parent.
The conditions of Desmidt's ASBO include the order not to engage in any behaviour which does or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to anyone.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Community inspector Phil Wright said: "In addition to protecting the public from this individual's criminal behaviour, I hope it helps to protect him too, as he is only a boy, with his growing up and personal development still ahead of him.
"It would be wrong and sad to write him off at such a young age."
The ASBO is valid until April 2008.