Bottled Water Prompts Health Scare
A HEALTH scare has led to bottles of mineral water being taken off shelves at a supermarket. The bottles of Sparkling Scottish Natural Mineral Water were removed from Waitrose in Hitchin after a customer complained the water had a chemical taste. Jasmin
A HEALTH scare has led to bottles of mineral water being taken off shelves at a supermarket.
The bottles of Sparkling Scottish Natural Mineral Water were removed from Waitrose in Hitchin after a customer complained the water had a chemical taste.
Jasmine Norton, from Bearton Green, said: "We bought two bottles of mineral water from Waitrose and had some that evening but it tasted funny - like it had some sort of chemical in it.
"We called Waitrose and the customer services manager tasted it and said it was disgusting. It could be anything. We think it might be something used to clean the pipes.
You may also want to watch:
"They've taken it off the shelves but they haven't recalled it. There are people out there who may be drinking it now."
Branch Manager Brian Harrison said: "We're treating this matter with the utmost seriousness and have immediately launched a full investigation. Initial investigations have shown there are no issues in the production process, but we have still withdrawn it from sale as a precautionary measure until we receive the results of further tests.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
"We are currently working very closely with environmental health officers to resolve this situation as quickly and safely as possible."
The batch is isolated to the Hitchin store.