Bostwick signs for Peterborough United
Lawrie Wilson also leaves Stevenage to sign for Charlton Athletic
Michael Bostwick and Lawrie Wilson have both left Stevenage for undisclosed fees.
The two midfielders have been important first team regulars throughout Boro’s meteoric rise up the leagues but Stevenage have decided to cash in on the two players with Bostwick signing a three-year deal at Peterborough United and Wilson signing a deal at Charlton Athletic.
Chairman Phil Wallace said both players deserve their chance of playing at a higher level, saying: “They have each invested over four years of their lives in Stevenage FC and they absolutely deserve this chance.”
Bostwick joined Stevenage in 2008 and over the past four seasons has proven himself as one of Boro’s most consistent players, with his trusty right boot a source of important goals.
You may also want to watch:
Right winger Wilson, originally brought into the club as a right-back, has been interesting Championship sides all season and was also a target of Peterborough before deciding to take the plunge with last year’s League 1 champions Charlton.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir