Bostwick could leave Stevenage this summer
Peterborough among Championship clubs set to try to tempt midfielder away from Boro
Stevenage have admitted that Michael Bostwick may leave this summer as the restructuring of the club’s squad continues at pace.
The central midfielder has been on the radar of a number of clubs for the past two or three seasons with reports suggesting Peterborough United have had a bid for his services rejected this summer.
Phil Wallace has said previously that if ‘life-changing’ offers came in for his players, and the deal was right for Stevenage, then he would not stand in a player’s way, and now the Boro chairman has said that Bostwick could move up to the Championship before the transfer window closes.
Should Bostwick leave, and with Lawrie Wilson also likely to leave the club this summer, there will remain at the club just seven players out of the squad of 16 that lost 1-0 to Sheffield United in the League 1 play-off semi-final second leg last May.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the club’s website about Bostwick, Wallace said: “It’s been difficult trying to keep our best players at the club, especially with some clubs trying to turn the heads of our contracted players directly and indirectly.
“Some lads want to move upwards, some wanted to move onwards but any changes to our contracted players will always be at our place, when we decide it’s right for Stevenage FC.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“Michael Bostwick has been on the radar of several Championship clubs. A situation is quickly developing whereby the policy of the club is being met to allow lads to move upwards.
“He’s another lad that we think the world of. He’s given four years of outstanding service to Stevenage FC and although we have made him a fantastic offer to sign a new deal, I fully understand that interest from Championship clubs may make it the right time for Bossie to move up”