Boss admits there's work to do
Boro boss Graham Westley admitted his side have got some work to do after Tuesday night s 1-1 draw at Hayes & Yeading. For the second time in the space of four days, Boro let the lead slip from their grasp thanks to some charitable defending and Westley
Boro boss Graham Westley admitted his side have got some work to do after Tuesday night's 1-1 draw at Hayes & Yeading.
For the second time in the space of four days, Boro let the lead slip from their grasp thanks to some charitable defending and Westley is looking for his side to cut out the individual errors that have so far undermined their start to the season.
"We are not functioning as fluidly as a team as we can," Westley told The Comet. "We know that we're better than we're playing at the moment and I'm sure that the performances will improve.
"We got our noses in front and again we've conceded a sloppy goal to let them back in it.
You may also want to watch:
"Defensively, there's work that needs to be done and in an attacking sense you would have to say that we weren't as creative as we might have been."
Many Boro fans looked at the club's opening two games of the season against newly-promoted sides and expected a maximum haul of six points but both Tamworth and Hayes & Yeading proved they will be competitive in the Conference.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
"We mustn't underestimate the opponents we've come up against," added Westley. "There's a danger that people think that you're just going to go and win these games but they are not give to give you the points - it's disrespectful to think that they are.
"Sides that come up have got something about them or they wouldn't have won promotion.