Boro will be a ‘powerhouse’ down the stretch - Westley
- Credit: Archant
Graham Westley believes Stevenage will be a ‘powerhouse’ in the latter stages of the League One season.
Boro sit bottom of the league, six points off safety, with 15 games left. But with three wins in the last seven league games, the latest being Tuesday night’s 1-0 win over Crewe Alexandra, Westley expects his side make a run at avoiding relegation.
“There are still a lot of games to play – almost a third of the season – and if you look at my sides, generally, the last couple of months are when we come strong.
“You’ve got to make sure you’re fitness is right throughout the season for moments like this; we might not be the sharpest team at the start of the season but you’ll find, as Saturday-Tuesday fixtures comes around, Stevenage are like a powerhouse; we keep going.
“There are a lot of points to be won for a team that can keep going. Mentally, physically, you’ll find we’re strong and they will be great attributes in the coming weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
Boro will look to build on Tuesday’s win on Saturday when they travel to the Coral Windows Stadium to face Bradford City.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision