Boro warn Cambridge fans not to travel to Tuesday's big match unless they have a ticket
A heavy police presence is planned for Stevenage Borough s clash with fellow promotion rivals Cambridge United at the Lamex Stadium next Tuesday night. This week Boro chief executive Bob Makin warned United s fans not to travel unless they have tickets.
A heavy police presence is planned for Stevenage Borough's clash with fellow promotion rivals Cambridge United at the Lamex Stadium next Tuesday night.
This week Boro chief executive Bob Makin warned United's fans not to travel unless they have tickets.
The warning came as Boro increased United's ticket allocation for the game, at their request, from 1,400 to 1,650. A gate of around 4,000 is expected for what is seen as a local derby with both clubs challenge for a place in Football League next season.
"Families supporting United will be directed to the overspill area in the west stand and there will be a special turnstile for families," said Mr Makin.
You may also want to watch:
"More police will be on duty to deal with what will be a large influx of away supporters. We have also warned United's fans not to travel if they don't have a ticket. They will not be allowed in and if they get in and mix with Boro fans they will be removed by our security staff."
Boro fans will be able to pay as normal at the turnstiles.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
The big game against Oxford United at the Lamex Stadium attracted over 3,700 fans with almost 1,500 making the journey from Oxford.
Queues of United fans stretched all the way back on to the Roaring Meg Leisure Park but despite this there was no trouble and the game went off without any incidents being reported to police.