Boro v Barrow preview
Boro v Barrow Saturday, December 19 – 3pm KO Season so far: Barrow make the long trip down from Cumbria to the Lamex Stadium to tackle a Boro side that hasn t lost at home in the league since November 29, 2008. The Bluebirds are in decent form themselves
Boro v Barrow
Saturday, December 19 - 3pm KO
Season so far: Barrow make the long trip down from Cumbria to the Lamex Stadium to tackle a Boro side that hasn't lost at home in the league since November 29, 2008.
The Bluebirds are in decent form themselves and are unbeaten since going down 1-0 to Oxford United on November 21 of this year.
Since then Darren Sheridan and David Bayliss' side have beaten the Us in the FA Cup to set up a Third Round tie with Premier League side Sunderland, and most recently defeated Kettering Town 1-0 to progress in the FA Trophy.
The Bluebirds currently lie in 16th place in the Blue Square Premier table, 23 points worse off than Graham Westley's side.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
Last meeting: The two sides shared a 0-0 draw up in Cumbria when they met back in August while Barrow's last trip to the Lamex Stadium ended in a 3-0 defeat. Two goals from Steve Morison and a David Bridges' effort sealed the points for Boro that day.
Players: Tim Deasy is in line to retain his place between the sticks for Barrow. The former Macclesfield goalkeeper came into the side to replace Stuart Tomlinson (bruised ribs) for the Bluebirds' FA Trophy tie with Kettering Town last weekend and was in fine form as Barrow edged a 1-0 win.
The main threat to the Boro defence comes from Jason Walker who is the Bluebirds' top goalscorer this season with 11 goals to his name.
Referee: Darren Drysdale (Lincolnshire) assisted by T Goddard and B C O'Sullivan.