Boro transfer latest
BORO chairman Phil Wallace says the club expect 4-5 players to leave over the summer and 4-5 to come in.
It was announced yesterday (Thursday), that Andy Drury had signed for Luton Town, while the club remain in talks with Mitchell Cole, Eddie Odhiambo and Mark Albrighton.
The club also says manager Graham Westley has either agreed terms or is in talks with 4-5 players – some from the conference and some from the Football League.
It is still unclear whether Michael Bostwick will be at Broadhall Way next season as he is still mulling over an improved contract offer from the club and a number of League One and Championship clubs have signalled their intent on signing the 22-year-old.
Phil Wallace told the club’s official website: “I’ve spoken to Michael last week and we made him a great offer to sign again prior to the FA Trophy Final.
You may also want to watch:
“He has 28 days to let us know whether he will accept that offer. It’s a tough choice for him as he has several clubs trying to sign him, but we won’t give up. He was a big player for us getting out of the Conference and he’d be a big player for us in League Two if he stayed, so we’re all hoping he will.
“At 22 we hope he’ll agree that he improved significantly under Graham last season and we believe he will continue to develop further if he stays”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
The Club expect to give a further update on new signings towards the end of next week.