Boro to host Family Football Festival
Fun activities at the Lamex before, during and after game with Yeovil
This Saturday (October 22) Stevenage FC host The Football League’s Family Football Festival in their npower League 1 match against Yeovil Town.
There will be fun activities for all the family to enjoy before, during and after the match including a fancy dress competition, face-painting and half time entertainment.
The festival aims to encourage families to enjoy time together at Football League games and running from October to December it will see family activities taking place across participating Football League clubs.
Details of the fixtures and activities are available through www.facebook.com/familyfootball.
You may also want to watch:
David Malkinson, head of marketing at The Football League, feels that football should be enjoyed by everyone, saying: “We feel very strongly that football is a sport that appeals to the whole family. Modern football is extremely accessible, offers good value for money and a place where families can enjoy each other’s company as well as the action on the pitch. A day out at the football can help bring a family together in an exciting and sociable environment.”
Tickets can be bought at the gate while children aged under 11 can get into the terraces for free with their parent.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket