Boro skipper Roberts shortlisted for Football League Award
- Credit: Archant
STEVENAGE captain Mark Roberts is in the running for the PFA Player in the Community award 2013.
The central defender is on a three-strong shortlist for the accolade along with Huddersfield Town’s Alan Lee and Brighton & Hove Albion’s Inigo Calderon.
Stevenage’s head of community Alex Tunbridge, said: “We’re extremely proud that Mark has been shortlisted for this award, he is a credit to the football club and his day to day work and support of the community scheme and the club’s community work is due worthy recognition.
“He has played an instrumental part in inspiring a diverse range of people within the local community and the club wishes him the best of luck in winning the award.”
There are a total of eight award categories which also include accolades such as Family Club of the Year and Community Club of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
The shortlists were drawn up by a panel of judges earlier this month following a stringent assessment process.
Judges included influential members of media, sports industry figures and representatives of The Football League and its partners.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
The Football League Awards 2013 will take place on Sunday, March 24 at The Brewery, London.