Boro skipper could return this weekend
Mark Roberts close to recall, but Joel Byrom and Lee Boylan each out for six weeks
Boro defender Mark Roberts could be in contention for starting place when Boro travel to Rotherham United on Saturday after missing the last three games due to ankle ligament damage.
The Stevenage skipper damaged his ankle in the first half against Torquay United more than a fortnight ago and although carried on to complete 90 minutes missed the next three matches.
Saturday’s home defeat against Wycombe Wanderers proved to come too quickly for the defender, and he could return to partner Jon Ashton in defence this weekend.
Joel Byrom is likely to be out for six weeks after suffering a small fracture to his eye socket in last week’s reserve fixture against Southend United, while Lee Boylan is also out for more than a month after tearing his right calf, an injury which saw him on crutches for 10 days.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Beardsley and Darren Murphy are both still out – Beardsley shoulder, Murphy leg/ankle – and both are expected to be missing from the first team for the best part of three months.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years